Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Smiling Bookworm Faces

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! to friends, neighbors and book enthusiasts who came to my book signing at The Bookworm on June 20. Your smiling faces, kind words and gracious support meant a lot to me, as well as to the other authors who had the privilege to meet you.

What I learned during this first signing was to:
  • Bring more books than you think you’ll need. Thankfully, I had extras in my car when those in the store sold out. 
  • Allow time to design bookmarks to give away. In haste, I printed mine with blank backs where I could’ve added something useful…or clever!
  • Think about how you’ll sign your books beforehand. The distraction of the event may make it harder for the right words to come.
  • Add value to your books by sticking “Signed by the Author” labels on the cover. Another author at the signing did that; I wish I had.
  • Send a thank you to your hosts for organizing, advertising and providing a place for the signing. Without them, it would never have happened.
  • Ask someone to take photos for your blog, Website or posterity. Thankfully, a special someone (you know who you are) thought to do so. My smile, below, says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment